Opening Reproducible Research (ORR) project at the Institute for Geoinformatics, University of Münster, Germany has announced the following two open positions (deadline for applying October 15, 2015):
If your institute has open positions related to Open Science or Linked Science (or both!), please share news about them to us via @LinkedScience or email@example.com and we will add them to LinkedScience.org/jobs.
The 2nd International Workshop on Linked Science 2012—Tackling Big Data (LISC2012) will be organized in November, 2012 in Boston, USA.
LISC2012 will be collocated with the 11th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC2012). The submission deadline for the papers is July 31th, 2012.
Organizers of LISC2012 are
- Tomi Kauppinen, Institute for Geoinformatics, University of Muenster, Germany. (co-chair)
- Line C. Pouchard, Scientific Data Group, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, US Department of Energy, USA. (co-chair)
- Carsten Keßler, Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi), University of Muenster, Germany. (co-chair)
- Paul Groth, VU University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Natasha Noy, Stanford Medical Informatics, USA
- Eric G. Stephan, U.S. Department of Energy, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in Richland, Washington, USA
- Jun Zhao, Life Science Interface, University of Oxford
More information is now available at the web page of the LISC2012 at LinkedScience.org/events/lisc2012.
You may also follow the twitter feed @LinkedScience and hashtag #LISC2012 for announcements and discussions.
During the last few days and weeks we (Krzysztof Janowicz, Carsten Keßler, Alexander Savelyev and Tomi Kauppinen) created a Linked Data set about the people, papers and proceedings of the COSIT (Conference on Spatial Information Theory) series.
The result is now opened and can be interacted with at Spatial.LinkedScience.org! We look forward to maintain the portal as a community effort in order to serve back the community, i.e. the researchers of the Spatial Information and Geographic Information Science.
Would other communities be interested in joining LinkedScience.org? Just contact us, and let us plan it.